Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Council Meeting 11/20/2007


Good morning from Guthrie, Oklahoma I hope everyone is ready for a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday, I sure know I am. The Council had our 2nd meeting in November last night, and I heard a collective sigh of relief from the City Staff that Centennial was over. The agenda was light yesterday evening with the approvals of the general funding request and the last council meeting minuets. In addition the council made an appointment to the planning commission last night to fill a vacant seat which had opened up. Council also made approval to increase the fines from $75.00 per day for code ordinance violations to the allowable maximum State of Oklahoma penalty of $200.00 per day this was just a general clean up of the ordinance to keep it up to date. The evening ended with general accolades for the the City staff, the general public, and all the visitors that visited our great community. Looking forward I believe the City has been making great strides, however we have several difficult challenges facing our community, and I will work hard along with other to accomplish the goals of the city. The celebration is over but the great spirit of the community is strong and we will continue to grow and be successful together. I hope you and your families have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and our thankful for things that have been given to us. I know I could never say thank you enough for the things I have received in my life, but I will try my hardest to complete. Thank you to my family and friends for all that you have given me, HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
In addition I could not resist adding the picture of our illustrious City Attorney Randel Shadid
" The Great Bandito" showing off his sombrero for the Territorial Ball. As you can see if was a great time and a great event for Guthrie.
Trey Ayers
Councilman Ward 1

No comments: